The lash line enhancement tattoo (invisible eyeliner technique) is a procedure which involves placing cosmetic tattoo pigment between the lashes as opposed to a line on top of the lashes like a traditional eyeliner. It gives the illusion of fuller thicker lashes and adds a beautiful contrast right next to the eye. Pigment is implanted directly into the lash line to create the illusion of darker, fuller lashes and creates a frame that makes the eyes pop.
This style is applied to your TOP lash line, not the waterline nor the eyelid, but directly where your upper lashes grow. Can last anywhere between 1-5 years and maintained with a Refresh/Color Boost every 1-3 years.
This procedure takes approximately 2 hours and a Touchup is highly recommended 6-12 weeks after your initial service.
Initial session: $375
Touchup (6-12 weeks) $150
Important Pre-Treatment Factors to Consider
Lash Serums: Must Discontinue Eyelash growth serums such as Latisse or any other over the counter brands for 3-6 months prior to the procedure to reduce the risk of bruising/pigment migration. These sensitize the area making it too fragile and vascular for cosmetic tattooing.
Eyelash Extensions: Must be removed at least 2 weeks prior to your Lashline procedure. They can be reapplied 4 weeks after your touchup.
Review All Pre-Post Care Guidelines Here
A topical anesthetic is applied for 10-20 minutes prior to the treatment to reduce discomfort. Most people report a “scratching” sensation that is tolerable. People with sensitive skin may experience more sensation, but again, the sensation is tolerable.
It can last anywhere from 1-5 years following your touch-up.
Your look can be maintained with a Refresh Color Boost every 1-3 years.
No, I only tattoo the upper lash line. The width and thickness of the tattooed line is determined by the size of the lash line.
Day 1 – May be some swelling by the end of the day.
Day 2 – May be some swelling, but should go down by the end of this day or the next.
Day 3-5 – Skin May feel dry, this is normal.
Over the next 30 days, they will enter a light phase once the scab falls off and gradually the healed color will emerge. As with all cosmetic tattoos the true healed results won’t be seen until approximately 6 weeks. Which is when you can return for the 6-12 week Touchup to build/perfect your look.
Day of your procedure
An aftercare kit with detailed instructions will given to you at the time of your procedure.
For 5-7 Days
- Use a fresh pillowcase and avoid sleeping on your face
- Do not wear contact lenses
- Keep the area DRY
For 10-14 days
- Avoid sweaty exercise
- Avoid steam, long hot showers, saunas, swimming, hot baths
- Avoid eye makeup, mascara, eyeshadow. Use a fresh mascara once healed.
- Do not expose the area to dirty or unsanitary conditions
- Avoid face-down swimming, lakes, and hot tubs for the first 10 days,
- DO NOT rub, pick, or scratch the treated area, it can cause scarring or loss of color.
- Let the scab naturally slough off.
For 4 Weeks
- Avoid direct sun exposure/tanning. Wear a hat/sunglasses when outdoors.
- No facials, active skincare, AHAs, retinols, chemical treatments, lash extension, lash growth serums
If you have ANY of the following you are NOT a candidate for this procedure:
- Eye Disease
- Under 18 years of age
- History of Keloids or Hypertrophic scarring
- Diabetes (require doctor’s clearance due to poor healing)
- Chemotherapy in the last year (consult doctor)
- Take blood thinner medication or supplements
- Those with epilepsy, hemophilia, viral infections and or/disease
- Skin irritations on/near the procedure area. (ex. rashes, open wounds, sunburn)
- Skin conditions on/near the procedure area (ex. psoriasis, eczema, rosacea, shingles)
- Accutane or Oral RetinA (acne medication) – Wait 1 year before procedure
- Those who have auto-immune disease, thyroid disorders, other healing disorders, pacemaker, mitral valve disorder, other major heart conditions, uncontrolled high blood pressure. Any medical condition that affects your skin, prevents blood from clotting OR affects how your body HEALS will lead to unpredictable healed results
- Poor General Health will lead to a poor healed results