PRE + POST CARE
Our goal at Brows by Tamsen Studio is to ensure that you receive the best results from your treatment. To achieve the best results, your skin in the treatment area must be healthy, strong, non-sensitive and non-irritated. For optimal results it is crucial to follow the given pre-care and after-care instructions.
PRE-CARE FOR ALL COSMETIC TATTOO PROCEDURES
Preparing your skin plays a crucial role on how well your skin will accept the procedure. For us to get the best results its important to properly prep your skin. Here is how to get your skin ready:
24 HOURS prior
• No caffeine (coffee, tea, energy drinks, etc.)
• No Alcohol
• No working out the day of your appointment.
48-24 HOURS prior:
• No NSAIDS (Aspirin, Advil/Ibuprofen, etc.) Tylenol is ok.
1 WEEK prior:
• Avoid sun and tanning bed exposure.
• Vitamin E, Fish oil, or any supplements that are natural blood thinners
2 WEEKS prior:
• No Neurotoxins/ Botox
• Avoid RetinA or any form of retinol
• Avoid “active” skincare products containing Alpha Hydroxy Acids (Glycolic, Lactic, Malic, Tartaric, Mandalic acid, salicylic, etc) and Vitamin C.
• Covid Vaccines: cosmetic tattoo should not be performed for 2 weeks before or after the vaccine.
• Allow your brows to grow, avoid tweezing, waxing and tinting
4 WEEKS prior:
• No facials treatments
6 WEEKS prior:
• No Chemical or Laser peels
• No lash/brow growth serums used in the procedure area
Additional Pre-Care requirements for LIP BLUSH ONLY
• HYDRATE: Keep the lips moisturized. Lip Blush tattoo can NOT be done if lips are dry, chapped or cracked.
• LIP COLD SORES: Those with a history of cold sores, even if it was just 1 time. You will need to use your prescribed anti-viral medication 5 days prior + 5 days post lip procedure to minimize the risk of an outbreak. Treatment cannot be preformed if there is an active outbreak. Please wait 1 month if you’ve had a current outbreak.
• FILLERS + BOTOX in Lips: wait 6-8 weeks prior to scheduling Lip Blush.
• Bring in your favorite lipstick or lipgloss shade. We can use this color as our inspiration
Additional Pre-Care for LASHLINE ENHANCEMENT ONLY
• No Lash Growth serums for 3 months, this can sensitize the area and increase the risk of pigment migration
• Lash Extensions Must be removed at least 2 weeks prior
• Please arrive with No eye makeup on.
• Leave the contacts at home, wear your glasses.
BROW POST-CARE INSTRUCTIONS
Post treatment care makes 50% of the total treatment success. Conscientiously adhere to the given advice because if not, you can risk losing up to 80% of the drawn strokes.
At the end of your session, we will provide you with an after care kit that has everything you need for the 7-14 day healing process. This may vary per skin type, but 10 days recommended for the best results.
Important Reminders for the First 10-14 days:
• DO NOT submerge cosmetic tattoo in water You may shower or bathe, but avoid getting the area wet, or any harsh soaps, shampoos, or allow the shower to spray directly on your face for two weeks as this can disrupt the bonding process for the pigment to stabilize in the skin.
• NO exercising and/or excessive sweating one day prior and for 10 days after. Sweating can cause the look to lighten, blur, and push the pigment out.
• NO steam, saunas, hot baths, swimming pools, jacuzzis, saunas
• NO sun exposure or tanning beds
• DO NOT pick or scratch at the dry skin/flakiness; let the skin fall off naturally. Picking can cause scarring and premature loss of pigment.
• DO NOT apply make-up, lotions, serums, etc. to the tattooed area for 2 weeks
• DO NOT use Vaseline, Neosporin or other petroleum based products while healing.
• Avoid sleeping on your face, use a clean pillowcase
For The First Month:
• DO NOT bleach, tint or dye the brow area for one month following the procedure.
• DO NOT apply any anti-acne products (e.g. Benzoyl Peroxide, Salicylic Acid, Proactiv, etc.) or lightening creams such as hydroquinone near the treated area while healing.
• Do NOT use any type of “active” skincare products containing Alpha Hydroxy Acids (Glycolic, Lactic, Malic, Tartaric, Mandelic acid etc), Beta Hydroxy Acid (salicylic acid), Vitamin C near the treated area
• It is Highly recommended to avoid major sun exposure or tanning beds for 4 weeks and to wear an SPF 30+ daily.
• Failure to Follow The After Care will Result in Poor Healed Results. It can even lead to complete loss of the look all together.
What to Expect:
• Day 1 – will appear sharp, detailed, slightly red or irritated
• Day 2-5 – they become darker and raised as they form a light scab. Color in this phase will appear 40-60% darker than healed result.
• Day 5-14 – the scab naturally exfoliates, peels and flakes away over the course of several days.
• DO NOT PICK. The fresh skin underneath is whitish with a waxy coating, brows will appear lighter than final result
• Day 12-30 – The color will slowly come back darker as the new skin settles and heals. Wait at least 6 weeks to see the true color and healed results.
• Day 30+ – Cosmetic Tattoos are a 2 step process, you should not expect to see full results after one treatment. Your look is built in soft buildable layers. The second appointment is to fine tune your shape, fill in any areas, touch up any light spots and also to assess how your skin reacts to the process, and the chosen color.
LASHLINE POST-CARE INSTRUCTIONS
Day of your procedure: An aftercare kit with detailed instructions will given to you at the time of your procedure.
For 5-7 Days:
• Use a fresh pillowcase and avoid sleeping on your face
• Do not wear contact lenses
• Keep the area DRY
For 10-14 days:
• Avoid sweaty exercise
• Avoid steam, long hot showers, saunas, swimming, hot baths
• Avoid eye makeup, mascara, eyeshadow. Use a fresh mascara once healed.
• Do not expose the area to dirty or unsanitary conditions
• Avoid face-down swimming, lakes, and hot tubs for the first 10 days,
• DO NOT rub, pick, or scratch the treated area, it can cause scarring or loss of color.
• Let the scab naturally slough off.
For 4 Weeks:
• Avoid direct sun exposure/tanning. Wear a hat/sunglasses when outdoors.
• No facials, active skincare, AHAs, retinols, chemical treatments, lash extension, lash growth serums
What to Expect:
Day 1 – May be some swelling by the end of the day.
Day 2 – May be some swelling, but should go down by the end of this day or the next.
Day 3-5 – Skin May feel dry, this is normal.
Over the next 30 days, they will enter a light phase once the scab falls off and gradually the healed color will emerge. As with all cosmetic tattoos the true healed results won’t be seen until approximately 6 weeks. Which is when you can return for the 6-12 week Touchup to build/perfect your look.
LIPS POST-CARE INSTRUCTIONS
Day of your procedure:
An aftercare kit with detailed instructions will given to you at the time of your procedure.
• Before going to bed clean lips with antiseptic wipe provided in your aftercare kit.
• Apply aftercare ointment to lips with a q-tip or clean finger. (Do not rub lips together)
Day 1-7: Moisturize
• Apply aftercare ointment several times a day for 7 days. Do not let the lips dry out!
• Drink all liquids through a straw.
• Do not bite into foods (use fork/fingers)
• Do not pick or rub.
• No cleaners, soaps, or chemicals on lips
• Do not smoking
• Do not get lips wet- Limit showers to 5 min
• Do not sweat (Saunas, hot tubs, hot yoga)
• No direct sun or tanning beds- 2 weeks. (tanning fades pigment)
• Do not apply makeup or chapstick.
• Avoid Retin-A, AHA’s, anti-aging and anti-acne products near lips.
• No kissing
• Avoid spicy and salty foods
What to Expect:
Day 1-2 – Right after the procedure lips normally feel swollen, dry, chapped, right and tender to the touch. Lips will feel better with each day. Swelling goes down within 12-48 hours.
Day 2-4 – Your lips will start to peel/flake. This is normal. Let the flakes fall off naturally. Picking, pulling, peeling, or rubbing the flakes off will cause that area to heal light.
Over the next 30 days, Lip pigment will soften, lighten and fade 50% + after the first 5 days, and will remain in the “light phase” for 30+ days.
Lip Blush is a 2-3 step process, you should not expect to see full results after one treatment. As with all cosmetic tattoos the true healed results won’t be seen until approximately 6+ weeks. Which is when you can return for the 6-12 week Touchup to build/perfect your look.